Thursday, October 20, 2011

Midterm Review (Project 7) and Revisions

Final Review Board:


The board above is the final board from the midterm review. Overall, I was praised for the composition and topic I chose to explore. Compositionally, I was praised for understanding the differences between background, middle ground, foreground and "super ground".

Criticism of the placement and treatment of my process seemed to have become an issue. I have been struggling with how to treat the "objects" that are just pasted on the page. In the revisions, I took that into consideration and made that the big change. In the new image, the process occupies its own zone to the left of the "super, blue image. It has been desaturated to fit in with the background; however, it also stands out from the context because of the way it is pasted on the page. It also opens up the perspective and frees it from the clunky process. This effectively eliminates the dead space to the left of the blue object and further continues to join the composition together. The image below is the revisions of my final board:

No comments:

Post a Comment